Nanophotonic and plasmonic Metamaterials showcase
This inital Nanophotonic and Plasmonic Metamaterials showcase will enable you to learn more about ongoing work in various UK research groups.
Guest speakers will give insights in their research through 5 min lightning talks followed by Q&A and discussion time during this 2 h session.
- Exploiting magnetism within photonics (Rob Hicken, Exeter)
- Hyperbolic Plasmonic Metamaterials & Metasurfaces (Diane Roth, King’s College)
- Light in sub-nm gaps coupled with molecules (Rohit Chikkaraddy, Cambridge)
- Meta-fibres: optical fibres with meta-surfaces for advanced optical biopsy through needles (George Gordon, Nottingham)
- Metasurface Toolkits for Next-Gen Imaging and Sensing Technologies (Mitch Kenney, Nottingham)
- Metasurfaces for Communications, Sensing and Energy Applications (Martin Cryan, Bristol)
- Nonlinear optical metasurfaces (Sebastian Schulz, St Andrews)
- Single-cell Dielectric meta-polarimeter for classical and quantum light (Yash D Shah, Glasgow)
- Transparent conducting oxides and switchable materials for active plasmonics & metasurfaces (Otto Muskens, Southampton)
The event is hosted by the UK Metamaterials Network and chaired by Alasdair Clark (Glasgow) and Mitch Kenney (Nottingham).
The target audience are scientists in academia and industry at all career stages from postdoc onwards.
Register for free by 27 May 2021.
Posted on 22nd April 2021
More info This link will take you to an external website for more information.
- Date: 1 Jun 2021
- Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Registration deadline: 27 May 2021